As we all know that the Linux apps are proved to be more compatible and understanding on the Chromebook than the Android apps and through the use of the Linux apps the user gets a fully-fledged desktop experience and the list of Linux apps include the apps like Skype, Libre Office, Steam, etc. So, the use of the Linux apps is increasing through the use of the Chromebook and the main feature that the apps don’t support is direct printing and the users found it too handy when they come at that part. So, if the users are looking for the answer to the question that How to Use a Printer in Linux Apps on Chromebook? then the user has come to the right place as in this article the user will get to know all the details about the Linux apps that are related to the printing feature.
So, in order to Use a Printer in Linux Apps on Chromebook, the user needs to follow the following steps:-
1. For that the user has to first open the Linux terminal and the has to execute the given below command. And the command will install the CUPS which is said to be an open-source printing standard for local network printers.
sudo apt install cups -y
2. After that the user has to run the below-given command and that will allow access to the printer settings in a Linux GUI window on the Chromebook of the user.
sudo apt install system-config-printer -y
3. After that the user has to run the following command and the command will give out the output as the “access control disabled…”.
4. And at last the user needs to run this command as this command will open the Printer Config window and from now onwards the user needs to just follow this command after opening the Linux app and the command will automatically open the Printer Config window.
5. After the window gets open the user needs to click on the add option so that the user can get the printers in this network and the user should make sure that the printer is discoverable in the network mode.
7. Now the user has to click on the option of the “Network Printer” and then has to click on the option of the “Find Network Printer“.
8. The user can now select the printer from the list of printers and can then open the apps like the Libre office and can directly print from there only.
And that’s all was the article about the Printer in Linux Apps on Chromebook and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Use a Printer in Linux Apps on Chromebook?