As we all know that the Bitwarden is a new open-source password manager that allows the user to send the files and documents through the encrypted form and as it is new in the market so there might be some bugs while using the same and will not work at the same speed and the compatibility that the other password managers like the 1Password and LastPass provides us. And it is free of cost, so it gained the attention of the users, and in the context of that extension the company tried to launch a new feature that is of “Bitwarden Send” which means that a user can send an encrypted message also with the help of this and some of the users have become familiar with it. But are still considering it to be handy and confusing. So, if the users are looking for the answer to the question that How to Send Encrypted Text and Files Using Bitwarden?
Then the user has come to the right place as in this article the user will get to know all the information related to the using of Bitwarden.
So, let’s know that how to exactly Use Bitwarden Send to Share Text or Files, and in order to do so the user needs to follow the below steps:-
Before steps, there are the following few things that the user should keep in mind before using the Bitwarden.
a. The first thing is that the free users can send only the text while the premium members can send both the text as well as files.
b. The receiver doesn’t have to be a member of the Bitwarden in order to receive the file.
c. The user can also use the Bitwarden Send on the Web Vault, mobile, browser extensions, and also through the Command Line Interface.
d. The receiver after receiving the mail can view it or can download it.
So, now here are the steps:-
1. First the user has to open the web browser and then has to head towards the Bitwarden vault. And after that, the user has to click on the option of the send that is present at the top left corner.
2. Now the user has to click on the option of the “+Create New Send”
3. After that the user has to name the file.
4. Now the user has to select that what is the type of send is it a file or a text? and do keep in mind that only the premium members will get the option of this and the free members can only send the text. The file should be 100 MB.
5. Bitwarden allows the user to copy the link to share the “Send” to your clipboard upon save. And now the user can click on the save option in order to generate the link and if the user wants more layers of security then the user can read below step.
6. For further security the user has to click on the option of the Options that are present at the bottom.
7. After that the user has to choose the date and time for the deletion of the document and the default time is set to be 30 days.
8. Next comes that the user can use the access limit and it can be set according to the wish as if the limit is set to be the 2 then the receiver can open it only 2 times and not more than that.
8. Now the user has to set a password and then has to enter a private text that the receiver can generate and then after clicking on the save option the user can generate the link that the user wants to share via text or email.
And that’s all about the article of the Sending of the Encrypted Text and Files Using Bitwarden and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Send Encrypted Text and Files Using Bitwarden?