As we all know that Windows has been that software in the market that provides a list of important apps that are proved to be beneficial somewhere or the other. And moreover, due to the launch of the other social media apps, it has now become important for the users to save the app stores data from the 3rd party apps, and for that thing, Windows 10 offers a built-in App Locker service and if the user is using the windows version laptop then there is no need of worry and if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Lock Specific Apps in Windows 10? then the user has come to the right place as in this article the user will get all the details related to the locking of the apps.
So, in total there are only 2 methods of locking the apps on windows 10 and the first comes out be is the My Lockbox and in order to use that the user needs to follow the below-given steps:-
1. The user can use the My Lockbox software and for that, the user first needs to download and install the app on the PC.
2. And then when the user opens the software, then it will ask the user to set up the password that will be used to unlock the apps on the PC. And moreover, the user can also set the password hint that will enable the users to recover the passwords.
3. Then the user needs to choose the app or the file that the user needs to lock and then press OK that is present at the bottom.
4. After that the folder and the software will get locked as the software will only be accessed when the user will enter the password.
5. Now in order to remove the lock from the apps there is the need of the user to get the My Lockbox control panel and then has to hit the “Unlock button”.
6. Moreover, the main drawback is that the software requires the password when the user tries to uninstall the software.
The next method comes out of the usage of the 3 other apps that are available for the windows 10 apps protection and the first comes the:-
1. Folder Guard
The app is just like the folder guard and the user has to just install the software and the app will allow the user to lock the apps and the files. And the same process, the software also requires the password at times when the user tries to uninstall the software.
And the main thing is that the user can set the different passwords for the different apps and folders. And at first, the user gets a 30-day free trial and after that, the user needs to buy the full version
The next comes the GiliSoft EXE Lock
As the name suggests GiliSoft EXE Lock means that the software allows the user to protect the exe type files, apps, and the software. the app is easier to use as it requires the password at the app opening only and the user need not open the software again and again in order to unlock the app.
The software also helps the user to protects from viruses that try and modify the system.
And that’s all was the article about the Locking of Specific Apps in Windows 10 and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Lock Specific Apps in Windows 10?