As we all know that there have been many incidents where the user on a video call on the Windows 10 Desktop and have forgotten to mute the mic and they thought that they have already muted the mic. And in order to prevent such types of mishaps, Microsoft has officially added the universal option for the muting of the Mic so that the users can be kept safe. And if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Get a Universal Mute Switch for Video Calls on Windows 10? then the user has come to the right place.
As in this article, the user will get to know all the details about the Universal Mute Switch for Video Calls on Windows 10, and for the feature to work the user has to set up power toys, and for that, the user needs to follow the following commands:-
1. Now in order to do so, the user needs to install and download the experimental build of the PowerToys from GitHub. And with this, the user can also install the 0.34 experimental build when the file becomes available.
2. Now after downloading open it and then click on the option of the ‘Video Conference’ that is from the left sidebar and then have to enable the toggle for the ‘Enable Video Conference’.
3. Now the user has to go to the target video conferencing platform and from there the user has to choose the option of the ‘PowerToys VideoConference’ in the camera option.
4. And if the user has multiple cameras then the user can set the default camera option under the ‘Selected camera’ section of the power toys app.
5. Now the shortcut for turning off the camera is the ‘Win+Shift+O’ and for muting the mic the shortcut keys are ‘Win+Shift+A’. And the user has to choose the option for both the things together is the ‘Win+N’.
And that’s all was the article about the Universal Mute Switch for Video Calls on Windows 10 and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that is mentioned above.