As we all know forgetting passwords is the main thing that is faced by almost every person in the world and the chances of remembering the Wi-Fi password includes a big task. But here is the thing that our team found out the way of saving the Wi-Fi passwords in Windows 10. Moreover, the user could also see the passwords of the older Wi-fi to which the PC with windows 10 was connected. So, if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Find Saved Wi-Fi Passwords in Windows 10? then the user has come to the right place as in this article the user will get to know all the details about the saving of the passwords.
So, first comes the case of finding the Wi-Fi password using the network settings
From this option, the user can see the password of the wi-fi to which the PC is connected currently. So, here are the steps for the same.
1. First the user has to visit the control panel from the windows search bar and then the user has to click on the option of the ‘Network and Sharing Center.
The one thing that the user should note at this time is that if the user doesn’t find the option of the ‘Network and Sharing Center, then the user must check that the option is selected will be category and the user has to change it to the option of the small icons with the help of the view by the option that will open the drop-down menu and the alternative is that ‘Network and Internet -> View network status and tasks’ while in Category view.
2. Then the user has to click on the option of the ‘Change adapter settings‘ that is present on the left sidebar.
3. After that the user has to click on the option of the Wi-Fi adapter shown at the top in order to check the Wi-Fi status to which the PC is being connected.
4. New from the option of the Wi-Fi status window the user has to choose the option of the ‘Wireless Properties‘ and on the next page the user has to move to the security tab option.
5. After that the user has to choose the option of the show characters and then the user could see the password of the Wi-Fi to which the PC is connected.
Next comes the case of finding the password with the help of the command prompt.
This option will not only allow the user to see the password of the active Wi-fi connection but also of the Wi-Fi connections to which the PC was connected earlier.
1. For the use of it, the user has to first choose the option of the Command prompt in the Admin mode of the PC.
2. In order to do so the user has to enter the cmd in the search bar and then has to click on the option of ‘Run as administrator.
3. Now the user enters the command as netsh wlan show profile and then has to press enter and this method will show you the result as the passwords of all the Wi-Fi saved in your PC till now.
4. Now the user has to select the Wi-Fi whose password the user wants to see and then has to write the command as netsh wlan show profile name=”XYZ” key=clear. Now the user can see the password in the key content and one thing the user should note that he/she just has to replace the XYZ with the name of the Wi-Fi and the password will be accessed.
Now I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Find Saved Wi-Fi Passwords in Windows 10?