As we all know that most of the web – browsers have the feature of enabling the geolocation in the account so that the web browser can show the search results to the user according to the search but one thing is there that sometimes the 3 party sites are also able to trace the locations when the user uses the sites. So, most of the user’s find this information as a part of privacy but now this information has become almost normal to be leaked by everyone but if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Fake Geo-location in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge? then the user has come to the right place as in this article the user will get to know all the information about faking the geolocation.
First, the case comes of faking the geolocation manually in the chrome
1. First the user has to ensure that the user has enabled the option of asking the location from the other websites when the user visits the 3rd party site the site should ask for the location option and in order to do so, the user first has to visit the menu and then has to click on the option of the settings from the options provided.
2. Now the user has to scroll down to the privacy and the policy option and then the user has to click on the option of the ‘Site Settings’.
3. Now the under the permissions section the user will be able to see the option of the ‘Location’ entry’ that shows the message displaying the ‘Ask before accessing’. Moreover, if the message says that blocked then the user must click on the option and then should turn on the toggle button.
4. Now the users have to get the option by pressing the command that is Ctrl+Shift+I in windows and Cmd+Option+I in the Mac. Now the user has to select the option of the 3 dots on the dev console and not the web browser and then the user has to go to the option of the More Tools and then has to choose the option of the sensors.
5. Now in the pane the user has the option of selecting the countries from a variety that is present there and in order to do so, the user has to select the override option present at the bottom.
Now the Next method comes of using the extension.
1. First the user has to add the location guard extension on chrome. Now the user has to select the option of the location guard and in order to go to the Chrome Settings > Extensions > Location Guard Details > Extension Options and now the user has to change the option to the ‘Use Fixed Location’.
2. Now the user can shift the blue-button anywhere in the whole map. and then Google will consider that location to be the original location of the user.
That’s was the method that showed the answer for that How to Fake Geo-location in Google Chrome
Now comes the next case of doing the same in Mozilla Firefox.
First comes the method of doing the same in the manual form.
1. The user first has to open the browser and then the user has to enter the URL as about: config and if the user gets the warning then the user may proceed to the advance options.
2. Now the user has to search for the geo. enabled option in the search bar of the about config. And now the user has to check that the value should be true in the option of the geolocation.
3. Now if the user wants to turn off the location then the user may choose the option for the false in the go location option.
Now next method comes from the add on extension
The location guard is now available on Mozilla firefox also and now the user has to just add on the extension from the store and then the user just has to follow the above steps which are the same as in the Google Web Store.
Now next case comes off the Microsoft Edge.
1. The user has to first give the command that is Control+Shift+C in the windows and Command+Shift+P in the case of macOS. The command is given in order to open the command menu.
2. Now the user has to select the option of the 3 dots of the DevTools console and then the user has to go to the option of the ‘More Tools’ > ‘Sensors’.
3. Now the user has to find the option of the sensors at the bottom of the window and then the user has to click on the option of the override button in order to choose the location that is available in the browser.
That’s all was the article about faking the geo-location in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Fake Geo-location in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge?