As we have discussed earlier that Signal is the most secure chatting app in front of the other apps that include WhatsApp and Telegram. Moreover, some of the features also Signal outcomes of both of its alternatives. Now talking about the security point at that point signal provides the user a feature of two-factor authentication which states that after logging in and entering the password the user is still not able to access the app as the app will ask the user to enter the pin sent to the phone number with which the ID has been created. In simple words “A Pin Is Required To Log In The App”. So, if by chance the user wants to advance the security of the app or is looking for the answer to the question that How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Signal? then the user has come to the right place.
As in order to enable the 2-factor authentication in Signal the user has to follow the following steps:-
1. First of all, the user has to click on the profile icon that is present at the top left corner, and then the user has to select the option of privacy from the list of options.
2. After that the user will find the option of the Enable Registration Lock and then the user has to click on that. Now the user has to enable the option and that’s all. Now, whenever the user logs in again to the account then a verification code will be sent to the user on the mobile number through which the account is created.
3. Now, if the user forgets the PIN and still has access to the mobile number then the user should click on the option of the forget PIN, and then the user is able to reset the PIN with the mobile number. Moreover, the PIN can contain any type of characters and there is no limit of maximum or minimum.
Following are the points that a user keep in mind while enabling the 2-factor authentication on Signal
1. Firstly, in case the user forgets the password or the PIN and has no access to the old phone number from which the account is created then the user should wait for seven days as in seven days the registration lock will expire by default and then the user is able to log in with the old ID and the password without a pin.
2. However Signal till now doesn’t enable the backup of the codes or the PINs. So, the user should write down the PIN while creating it for ease in the future.
3. However, the PIN lock is different from the screen lock and the user has to use both f them differently.
That’s all was about the protection of your account on the Signal and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Signal?