As we all know that whenever a user downloads something from the Internet the downloaded things make the temporary files in the Pc and utilizes the storage space of the PC. Moreover, it also slows down the speed of the hard disk and the PC. If the user is a regular user and has got fed up with the slow speed of the PC then the user may read this article as in this article we will let you know that How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10?.
In all, there are many ways of deleting temporary files but in this article, I will let you know only 3 methods that I am well familiar with.
The First method comes from using the System Settings.
1. First the user has to go to the settings of the system. The shortcut key for settings is (windows key+ I).
2. After that from the options provided in the sidebar the user has to select the storage option and then the window open will show the list of the local drives created on their own.
3. Now the user has to select from the local drives given below that which local drive has to be selected for the cleanup.
4. .After that, the user has to scroll down and then click on the temporary files. And if the files option is not shown then click on the option of show more categories in that the user is able to see the option of the temporary files.
5. Once the option is found and selected then click on the files that the user wants to remove and then click on the option of remove files.
Now the next method comes of the disk cleanup
1. First the user has to search for the disk cleanup in the search bar. And then select the option of the disk cleanup from the list provided.
2. Now the user has to select the disk from the dropdown menu as we already know that by default the disk is selected but if not then the user has to select the driver and then click on the option of Next.
3. After that the user will be provided with the list of files and the user has to select the files that the user wants to delete and then click on the OK option.
The next method comes from using the temp folder.
1. In order to follow the above method the user first has to run the dialogue box whose command is (windows+ R) and after that the text box provided the user has to type the code i.e. “%temp%” same as it is with the percent sign and then click on the OK button.
2. After that the PC will open up a window that will show the user all types of temporary files created till now and the user is easily able to delete all the files together by selecting all from the top and then click on the remove button provided in the bottom.
3. The user has to right-click on the recycle bin and then click on the option of an empty recycle bin.
That’s all was the article about the removal of the temporary files from the Windows 10PC and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10?