In order to prevent you from the strain on the eyes by the mac, one should always use the night mode in order to keep the eyes in the safe mode. Basically, it is the system of shifting the color of the screen from the bright colors to the normal colors in the night or in the dark, so that less stress is put on your eyes. The dark mode turns the screen in the dark or black ode that is easily visible in the night and the user is able to easily access the mac in the night and when sitting in the dark.
In this article, you will get to know that How to Customize and Use Night Shift on Mac?
As the night shift is supported in the macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and below that the night shift is not a feature.
Following list of Macs Support Night Shift:
1. MacBook models from early 2015 or later
2. MacBook Air models from mid-2012 or later
3. MacBook Pro models from mid-2012 or later
4. Mac mini models from late 2012 or later
5. iMac models from late 2012 or later
6. Mac Pro models from late 2013 or later
Following list of mac Displays Support Night Shift:
1. Apple Pro Display XDR
2. Apple LED Cinema Display
3. Apple Thunderbolt Display
4. LG UltraFine 5K Display
5. LG UltraFine 4K Display
Following are the 3 ways of shifting the mac from the normal mode to the night mode.
First is the option of Turn on/off Night Shift from System Preferences
1. Firstly click on the Apple menu and then tap on the system preferences option in the menu bar.
2. Then click on the displays option
3. After that make sure that the night shift-tab is turned on and then click on the night shift-tab which is on the right of the manual tab. Also, note that the night shift will remain on the mac till the next day until you switch off the option.
Next is the option of Turn on/off Night Shift from the Control Center.
1. For this option you have to click on the Control Center icon at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then click on the display
3. After that click on the night shift button and turn it on.
Last is the option of Turn on/off Night Shift Using Siri
As in the earlier text, I Have already told you that one could use the option of Siri also in order to turn on the night shift as for that one has to just give the command to the Siri in order to use the option.
Next comes the customization of the night shift on the Mac
For this following are the steps:-
1. Turn on the system preferences
2. Then select the display option.
3. After that select the night shift-tab. After that click on the drop-down box which is right next to the schedule. After that, you are able to choose the custom range or keep it enabled from the sunset to sunrise.
4. Then comes the slider which is right next to the color slider. In order to choose less warm drag the slider right and to choose warmer then drag the slider towards the left side.
That’s all is about the process of How to Customize and Use Night Shift on Mac?. I hope you are able to keep your eyes safe from the rays given out through the Mac and other PCs.