As we all know that with the change in the WhatsApp terms and policies most people have shifted their preference from WhatsApp to signal. As people found the signal to be more secure than WhatsApp. But still, a question remains in the minds of the Signal users that whether the chats in the signals are backed up or not just like Whatsapp as some of the users are more concerned about the chat that they share than the other features that the app provides. So, if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Back Up and Restore Signal Chats on Android? then the user has come to the right place.
As in this article, we will tell the user about all the safe sides of the Signal App
Now let’s know how to enable the chat backup in the signal just like WhatsApp in an Android Device
1. First the user has to open the signal app and then the user has to click on the profile icon on the top right corner. After that, the user has to tap on the option of the Chats and Media.
2. After that the user has to scroll down and then the user has to tap on the chat backups and then the user has to tap on the option of the Turn On.
3. After that a pop-up window will get open and provide the user with some of the codes and the user make sure to write these codes as these codes will aksed when you want to see the chat backups. After that, the user has to tap on the option of Enable Chat Backups.
4. After that the user can create the new backup also if he/she wishes and the window will also show you the last backup that you have made and on which date you have made it.
Now let’s know how to restore the signal backups on the Android Mobile phone. In order of restoring the backups, there are two cases one is on the same mobile phone on which the user has taken the backup or in the new android phone.
So, the first case comes from the same mobile phone.
1. In order of finding the same phone the user first has to locate the backup in the device. In order to do so, the user first has to go to the ‘Settings -> chats and media -> chat backups’ and then has to see the backup name from which name the backup is saved.
2. After that the user has to go to that location using a file manager app and then the user has to copy the file named “signal-year-month-date-time. backup”. The user is then able to move this file to another disk in order to keep the device safe.
3. Now the user after reinstalling the app and after that taping on the option of the restore backup the old data of the user will be backed up by the app.
4. After that the user has to enter the code that was provided to the user earlier and then the user has to click on the option of the backup.
The second case of opening the backups in the new phone.
1.First the user has to copy the signal folder and then the user has to transfer the same folder to the new phone in the signal app.
2. After that install the signal apps on your new phone and then the user has to give the required permissions and then the app will detect the backup.
3. After that the user has to tap on the restore option and the user has to enter the codes and then has to tap on the restore option.
Now I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Back Up and Restore Signal Chats on Android?